Who can host a SYH food drive?
We welcome anyone who wants to help end hunger and who would like to host a food drive working with the ABC13 Share Your Holidays team. Please contact Robyn Bushong, Community Partners Coordinator for Share Your Holidays Food Drive, at 409.744.7848 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and how to get involved.
What kind of items do you accept for the SYH food drive?
We accept all types of nonperishable food items that are shelf stable and do not require refrigeration.
Do you accept non-food items?
Yes, we also accept personal hygiene items such as:
- toilet paper
- paper towels
- laundry soap
- bath soap
What items are not accepted?
- Open packages
- homemade food items
- perishable foods that require refrigeration
- items with expired dates
- items that are dented or damaged.
What are best practices for hosting a food drive?
- Designate a coordinator to oversee the food drive.
- Select a Goal for how much food you'd like to collect.
- Choose Your Location for collecting items, high-traffic area that are secure.
- Register for the ABC13 Share Your Holidays Food Drive by contacting Robyn Bushong at 409.744.7848 or email@example.com.
- Promote Your Drive to inform others of your event through letters, email, flyers, and website. (make sure to include the GCFB logo to any marketing materials)
How do I publicize my SYH food drive?
Share your food drive through social media, newsletters, bulletins, announcements, flyers, memos, e-blasts, and posters.
There is a high resolution official GCFB logo on this page available for download. Please included our logo on any marketing materials you make for your food drive event.
We'd love to support your event! Make sure to share your flyers with us, so we can promote your event on our social media platforms as well.
Make sure to tag us on social media!
Facebook/Instagram/LinkedIn - @galvestoncountyfoodbank
Twitter - @GalCoFoodBank
Publicity is the key to a successful drive!
Where do I take my SYH donation?
All donation can be delivered to either locations on Tuesday November 28, 2023 from 8am to 12pm.
- Ball High School - 4115 Avenue O, Galveston
- GCFB - 213 6th Street North, Texas City