Are you looking for a more rewarding job that benefits the community?
We are seeking a highly skilled Nutrition Educator to join our team!
- Teaches nutrition by developing, implementing, and marketing nutrition education services and programs to the community.
- Designs nutrition education services by through SNAP Ed Resources.
- Improves quality results by studying and evaluating; implementing changes.
- Promotes nutrition programs by arranging media coverage; presenting nutrition information presentations within in the local school system, in social services community programs, and in civic community organizations.
- Conducts in-service training for professional staff by reviewing up to date nutrition plans; presenting latest research on nutrition-related subjects; introducing new nutrition programs and services.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Serves and protects the food bank by adhering to professional standards, food bank policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Feeding Texas standards.
- Enhances nutrition department and food bank reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, or Nutrition Science.
- Graduate degree and current RD preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in nutrition related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (word, excel, etc…)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please contact or send resume to:
Jade Mitchell, Nutrition Educator
409. 945 .4232
Galveston County Food Bank is a drug-free company and an EOE.